Is Incredimail taking the micky?

numskull 11:13 12 Nov 11
Answered

This morning my incredimail is full of adverts, can't have smart notifier now and they want £24.95 to get Incredimail Plus! Is it getting too full of rubbish anyway?

Menzie 12:10 12 Nov 11

I stopped using Incredimail a while ago, to start with it was a very good program and I could send what I considered at the time to be unique looking e-mails.

The only price I had to pay was to have a little link at the bottom of the message to promote the software.

I stopped using it when that little discreet message was replaced by a banner to Thunderbird instead. Also for some reason Incredimail stopped working with my e-mail account on my system.

Thunderbird doesn't have the notifier and all the little touches (possibly does with a plug-in somewhere I haven't looked) but it's nice to send e-mails again with just what I wrote as the contents.

birdface 14:41 12 Nov 11

Used it for years till Emisoft kept flagging it as a Trojan downloader.

To be fair I use Windows Live mail just now and I am not keen on that.I was toying with the idea of going back to Incredimail but I don't think I will bother now.

Do you not have an ad-blocker downloaded that will stop the Adverts.

birdface 14:43 12 Nov 11

other thing is to give MalwareBytes a run to see if it finds any problems.

Graphicool1 14:49 12 Nov 11

numskull

"incredimail is full of adverts"?

What Free version of IncMail are you using? I'm using '2'. The only adverts I see are in a titchy window about 1/2" x 2" at the top right corner.

I don't use notifiers, I've set up my own filtering system, using the 'Add Folders'

I have created 17 mail drop boxes. not including the 'Inbox' or 'deleted items'.

Click 'Tools' - 'Message Rules' in here you get the choices you need to filter your incoming mail. 'friends folder' - 'spam Folder' or 'Bounce'.

it's all there, all you have to do is set it up, as I have.

numskull 08:53 14 Nov 11
Answer

I have been using the paid for version for years. I think the problem was that the license key got removed for some strange reason. When I looked for the license key this morning it wasn't there so have re entered it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…