Incredimail Problem

mikesman 17:28 05 Jun 04

Hi, I have used both OE and Incredimail for some time now. Several days ago I downloaded the latest version of Incredimail and installed it - no problem there. However, when I try to send and/or receive now, I get the following message (Before I had no problem): The connection was rejected by outgoing mailserver mail...........net Please try again later. If this problem persists consult your ISP. I get a similar message when attempting to receive mails.

I cannot rectify it and Icredimail's tech support sucks - they just don't reply. Outlook Express still functions normally without any problem with the same account / servers details.

Anybody have any ideas? Incredimail was working fine on the earlier version which I had.

Thanks

Lionheart ? 17:57 05 Jun 04

Do you have ZoneAlarm installed, I had this problem, found out it it was ZA blocking emails.

mikesman 18:53 05 Jun 04

No, I don't have Zone Alarm installed.

mikesman 18:55 05 Jun 04

What puzzles me is that with the same account/server settings, Outlook Express does the job no problem, so the settings are not the problem, and the previous Incredimail version OK too with these settings.

Old Shep 19:03 05 Jun 04

I know it does not solve your problem but did you know you can get an incredimail add-on for Outlook. I prefer this as my AV works on Outlook but not on Incredimail.

mikesman 19:26 05 Jun 04

No I didn't - where did you get it?

woofwoofbark 19:30 05 Jun 04

I had Nortons Firewall installed and it wouldnt let me use incredimail no matter how i tried to configure things so I deleted nortons (it was affecting other programs too) and now I use Zone Alarm and have no probs !!!! ****phew****

Old Shep 19:31 05 Jun 04

Will reply wwhen I find you a link brb

Old Shep 19:35 05 Jun 04

This should get you there click here works just the same as Incredimail and you can download all the latest sounds /animations/emoticons etc as you normally do.

mikesman 19:46 05 Jun 04

Cheers Shep - I'll give that a try!

I'm a bit annoyed at myself for deciding this morning to buy Incredimail Premium just so that I might get a bit faster tech support - the registration for that still hasn't even come through yet.

Old Shep 19:53 05 Jun 04

I have had Incredimail for a long long time now and the thing that put me off buying it was their apparant uninterest in support. It's a shame because it is a very good program. Don't know if you know but if you copy (in my case) C-Program Files-Incredimail-Data - if your computer ever crashes you can just copy it back instead of downloading it all again.Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…