Incredimail Message Rules - I need a proxy server

Heefie 23:36 07 Sep 03

Much as I can live without Incredimail and it's SPyware, it's bloated E:Mails and it's inefficiencies, even after they've been told that they are repeatedly lacking in the most basic of Message Rules, my wife and kids love it !!!

In case you don't know, the Message Rules do not allow you to check if the E:Mail is addressed to you, and if it is not, then to leave it on the server, so I constantly get E:Mails forwarded to Outlook Express from my kids that are for me, but they 'accidentally' downloaded "a few days ago" ... yeah, and the rest !!! ... Oh, I should point out that this happens when you have multiple E:Mail addresses under a single useried ... i.e. [email protected], [email protected] & [email protected] ... Incredimail cannot differentiate between these and will download them all if somebody presses the Send & Receive button !!!

An obvious and presumably easy upgrade of their Message Rules would be the most obvious and easiest way around this, perhaps somebody at PCA could put this point to them, they certainly haven't taken my advice on board !!!

So, eventually, to my workaround ... does anybody know of any (decent/cheap/free) software that will sit between my PC and the E:Mail programs and perform a similar service to Outlook Express's rules ?!? I have found a few programs that perport to act as servers, but they are very complicated to set up & I'm still not sure that they'll do what I want !!!

Basically, I suppose I am looking for a piece of Software that will, when the Incredimail Send & Receive button is pressed, will filter what is on the server ...

Any help greatly appreciated ... as usual :-) !!!

Smiler 12:11 08 Sep 03

In incredimail why don't you go to Tools - accounts then untick your account so that incredimail doesn't check for them. Then set up Outlook express to recieve your e-mails from your account.

Smiler 12:15 08 Sep 03

PS you can also tell incredimail to leave a copy on the server by going to Tools - Accounts click on your account then click properties select the advanced tab under Delivery tick leave a copy of messages on server. You can also tell incredimail when to delete copies in the section as well.

Heefie 16:53 08 Sep 03

I don't *have* an Incredimail account, that's the whole point !!! I don't want one & have no intention of setting one up, but as I pointed out above, we are all on the same E:Mail account but Incredimail (Or should that be Incredibly-stupid-Mail ?!?) cannot differentiate between users on that address ... If my address is [email protected] & I use Outlook Express to download my mail, then I set the rules to DOWNLOAD if it's to me, DAD, & LEAVE ON SERVER if it's not specifically to DAD ... in incredimail, if my wife sets up an account as [email protected] & she does a SEND & RECEIVE then it will DOWNLOAD ALL messages to address.com, it cannot differentiate between MUM, DAD, CHILD, whatever !!! The fact that Outlook Express does this and Incredimail has the option of downloading or leaving on the server proves that they have the capability ... maybe they don't have the skills !!!

Yes, I could set it INCREDIMAIL to leave everything on the Server, but I hardly think this is the answer ...

Smiler 18:50 08 Sep 03

I repeat:-

In incredimail why don't you go to Tools - accounts then untick your account so that incredimail doesn't check for them. Then set up Outlook express to recieve your e-mails from your account.

That doesn't mean incredimail accounts it means the acount that incredimail checks on any server YOU direct it to.
Just follow my instructions above and you will see what I mean.

Heefie 20:07 08 Sep 03

So I'm OK, but the wife and kids have to download everything in one E:Mail client and then open another one to do their sending ?!?!?

They have to maintain 2 address books & their INBOX & SENT ITEMS, plus any other Folders they maintain, in seperate pieces of Software ?!?!?

Anything they want to reply to they have to copy & paste from Outlook Express into Incredimail ?!?!?!?

Sorry, but I don't think this a very viable solution either !!!

Smiler 20:14 08 Sep 03

You're losing me I thought you said your wife & kids used incredimail to receive e-mails and reply. Only you use Outlook express. E-mails can be read and sent from incredimailfrom either recipient by clicking on from when composing the e-mail in incredimail. If this doesn't sort it either your not trying or just being awkward. Good night

pepe 20:45 08 Sep 03

Do you have the full version or freeware version. In the full version there is an advanced option wherebye you can preview the e-mails on the server and download only those you want. This could solve your problem

Heefie 22:42 08 Sep 03

Pepe, I have the full version, but unfortunately it doesn't give me any better options ... In "advanced" it gives the choice of which E:Mails you want to download and which ones that you don't, but it still doesn't tell you who the individual incoming mails are TO, it just tells you the SIZE, who it is FROM, the SUBJECT and the RECEIVED date & time ... For instance, I just sent, from my [email protected] Outlook Express account, an E:Mail to my daughter, Stacey, whose address is [email protected] ... but whilst logged on to Incredimail as MUM, and going into the advanced screen I can see this E:Mail and there is no indication that it is to STACEY. If I now press S&R the E:Mail from me TO STACEY will be downloaded into MUM's INBOX ...

Heefie 22:53 08 Sep 03

Smiler, how difficult is this to understand ?!?!?

Yes, my wife and kids use Incredimail as their E:Mail client, but because we have numerous E:Mail addresses off of the same E:Mail Account, e.g. [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], Incredimail CANNOT differentiate between these individuals.

Outlook Express works exactly the same way, BUT IT ALLOWS YOU TO SET UP THE RULES TO READ THE MAIL OR LEAVE IT ON THE SERVER, DEPENDING UPON THE PERSON THE E:MAIL IS ADDRESSED TO ... INCEDIMAIL DOESN'T !!!

Whoever is logged on to Incredimail can SEND to their heart's content and it will be SENT from their correct E:Mail address ... the problem is WHEN RECEIVING, as I think I've made perfectly clear from the start !!!

Your replies, up until this last one, are OK workarounds for very short-term use, they are NOT feasible for long-term use and do not answer the original question ... I can assure you that I am trying VERY HARD to sort this out, I have been for a VERY LONG time and I have no reason to be awkward ... I hope you enjoyed your early night ... I'm still here trying to sort it out !!!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…