'Incredimail' Mail problem

*Kat440* 18:14 17 Apr 07

Many thanks to nick_j007.

As reading his thread got me wondering about it and looked it up and liked the sound of it, so i went ahead and installed it...so far no major problems accept when reading my e-mails i get an error message popping up saying the following.

The outgoing mail server "mail.btinternet.com" does not respond. Please try again. If this problem persists contact your ISP.

Something i have done i think when setting it up but am not sure as what to do now??

Kat.

Madpad_001 18:22 17 Apr 07

You may need to change your port settings for your email acount

*Kat440* 18:31 17 Apr 07

Socket error:10060, Port:25, Protocol:SMTP. A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not respond after a period of time , orconnection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

Madpad_001 18:50 17 Apr 07

Your mail sever may have changed its port settings.

My yahoo account has changed from the default to port 57.

You may need to go to your mails settings and check what port your sever needs to work.

*Kat440* 19:17 17 Apr 07

Do not know how to check my port settings as when registering the account with incredimail it asked for incoming and outgoing servers and do not know what they are?

i just put in mail.btinternet.com!!!

*Kat440* 22:07 17 Apr 07

^

Technotiger 23:11 17 Apr 07

Hi, have you previously been using Outlook Express for your emails? if so, you should be able to get Incredimail to get your settings from OE automatically, during the Account set-up in Incredimail.

*Kat440* 23:15 17 Apr 07

No as been getting my e-mails from my ISP as i am on BT.

Apologies if i am being vague.

Technotiger 23:30 17 Apr 07

I am also with BT as my ISP, but my Server which is used in my Incredimail account is Hotmail because I have a Hotmail address. Your incoming/outgoing
mail server will be something like POP3.btinternet.com and SMTP.btinternet.com

I can't remember if there is supposed to be a . (dot) in bt.internet.com?

My own Server is different because I use Hotmail. If you had a Hotmail address I would be able to tell you exactly what to put down as the Server in IM.

*Kat440* 23:39 17 Apr 07

Have tried your solution Technotiger, Have deleted my account and tried it again putting in the details that you suggested and will see how it goes?

I also have a hotmail account but access that through MSN.

But have used incredimail through my major bt mail address, ooppps if that might affect the progress!!

Technotiger 07:39 18 Apr 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…