incredimail glitch

Trotter2 22:27 29 Sep 07

i use incredimail and until yesterday, 28th sept, everything was working perfectly. tocay, however, i don't seem to b able to send or receive email, but keep getting a box appear saying 'incredimail is sending/receiving mail'. the busy symbol is showing constantly in the toolbar. i'm running Windows XP. does anyone have any suggestions please? thankyou.

birdface 00:48 30 Sep 07

While in Incredimail.Press tools .Options .Advanced,Then press automatic update.And see if you require an up-date.

Technotiger 08:11 30 Sep 07

Or - in Incredimail click on Stop to stop it trying to send/receive, then go to Tools>Accounts then click on Properties>Server then on OK and Close. Then click on Send/Receive again - it should then go through the normal procedure checking for mail.

Trotter2 09:27 30 Sep 07

hi, I've tried both options but it didn't work. when I tried to update, it was recommended that new version was downloaded. however, when I attempted to do this a box appeared saying "your server has unexpectedly terminated connection. possible causes for this include server problems, or long period inactivity. account 'pop3.blueyonder', server 'pop3blueyonder.co.uk', protocol:pop3, server response: '+ok', port: 110, secure[SSL]: no, error number: 0x800CCC0F"
I know that it isn't inactivity because until two days ago everything was peachy and working perfectly. does anyone know how to contact incredimail itself?

birdface 09:32 30 Sep 07

Check this.Right click Taskbar,Properties.Start Menue,Customize,At the bottom make sure e-mail is ticked and Incredimail is in the dropdown bar.Ok.apply.ok.

birdface 09:42 30 Sep 07

Googled.click here= A few things in there to have a look at.You are not using Norton are you.Now most of those are for Outlook Express but if that is not set up properly Incredimail might not work.Try O/Express and if that works you know the problem is with Incredimail.It could be a Firewall problem.

Trotter2 15:37 30 Sep 07

hi buteman, no I'm not running norton. and no outlook express isn't working. it would seem likely that this is caused by inactive outlook express account! if I reactivate outlook express, how straight-forward is it to get incredimail back without messages sayimg account already exists?

birdface 16:29 30 Sep 07

I can use both.So I presume it may be problems with Outlook Express if this was your other e-mail account.Try renewing your O/Express account.But you have to remember what your password was.Now in incredimail do you have a lot stored in your folders.I got a message about a fortnight ago that I had to delete the contents of some folders as the mailbox was full.And there was not really a lot in them.Well if you reactivate O/Express and it works there may be a chance that Incredimail may also work.Worth a try.It could be a Firewall problem do you have it configured to allow Incredimail.

Trotter2 17:05 30 Sep 07

hello again, as far as I know my firewall is correctly configured as I've been using incredimail for five months, since computer was new. I've just been speaking to server and they think outlook express has become corrupt as I can't even open it now. been told to uninstall then reinstall it. have to let u know how it goes, ok. thankyou.

Trotter2 18:15 30 Sep 07

help!!!!! I've been told to reinstall outlook express but, and it's a big BUT, outlook express is part of internet explorer. If I update my explorer to IS7 I fear I'll encounter the same problems as I had on my last computer when it interferred with my skype. don't know what to do. please help!

birdface 19:21 30 Sep 07

Before you up-date to IE7 switch off your Firewall then install IE7 your firewall will come back on automatically when the computer reboots.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…