Incredimail - downloading

prozac1947 20:24 06 May 03

I have just tried to download Incredimail - in the past it was very straightforward. This time I got this message;
Could not initialize installation. File size expected=5731433, size returned=39432. The parameter is incorrect.
As I have just reformatted my hard drive I should have lots of space (if that is what it means !!)
Help please.

MartinT-B 20:31 06 May 03

It appears you only got 39432 of a file expected to be 5731433 - ie most of it is missing.

Try again. Do you have a download manager?

I suggest Leechget, Download Accelerator Plus (DAP) or another f your choice.

I use Leechget, which I got from webattack.com, Freeware section, Download Managers heading.

Belatucadrus 20:33 06 May 03

It looks like you've got a corrupt download, check the size in properties, it should be 5.5Mb plus. If it's less than that you may have to download a new copy.

prozac1947 20:57 06 May 03

Thanks very much I had just downloaded a download manager Flashget and thought that could be the prob and got rid of it !!!!!!!!!! so will try again and look for another incredimail site.
Thanks for help

MartinT-B 21:01 06 May 03

Does flashget have a 'resume' facility?

prozac1947 21:51 06 May 03

Hi again - I downloaded Leechget. Went into the actual Incredimail site plus 3 others. Still got same message " the parameters are incorrect ????????? What the heck are parameters and could I have altered them when I reformatted my hard drive !!!!!!!!!

prozac1947 21:51 06 May 03

Hi again - I downloaded Leechget. Went into the actual Incredimail site plus 3 others. Still got same message " the parameters are incorrect ????????? What the heck are parameters and could I have altered them when I reformatted my hard drive !!!!!!!!!

MartinT-B 21:57 06 May 03

Where are you?

If you click on the envelope next to my name you can email me. When I get to work tomorrow am, I'll email you the Incredimail xe file I downloaded about a week ago.

I can't do it tonight as I have not got email set up on this PC yet. (Long story).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…