IncrediMail

Hitch-Hiker 23:39 13 Oct 03

Has anyone used IncrediMail for email any opinions?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 23:46 13 Oct 03

I use it and it been ok once it is configured,u can get problems otherwise but on the whole its good works well for me can get all my 10 accounts at once even netmail from desktop.

Regards.

Hitch-Hiker 23:51 13 Oct 03

Thank you for a quick response.

spuds 00:12 14 Oct 03

I have used it for quite sometime now. Never had any real problems, and it as always had interest. But I should mention, that other people have experienced problems with this programme.A couple of friends installed it recently,and one had to remove it, due to confliction problems with their set-up. Give it a try-it will liven your emails up a little.

woodbasher 00:26 14 Oct 03

I've used Incredimail for about 12 months now and it has been perfect for me. I did originally have some problems with the advert supported "free" version but having paid my hard-earned cash for the advert-free version the problems disappeared and I have been delighted with it. There is so much more enjoyment to be had composing graphically interesting emails and there are loads of free designs and animations to download from Incredimail users groups. Once you have used it you won't want to go back to plain old black and white text. Go for it.

Wak 10:35 14 Oct 03

I have Incredimail installed but don't use it very often.
One thing I did find, however, was that it could take over all of your e-mail accounts if you left the Incrediamil icon in the System Tray near the clock after using it.
Therefore, after using Incredimail, always remove the icon from the System Tray.

Pesala 11:17 14 Oct 03

One thing worth knowing is that HTML emails are much bigger than plain text emails.

A typical email from my friend with a simple graphic notepaper and one paragraph of text was 12 Kbytes. The same email as plain text was just 1.6 Kbytes. The HTML email is 7.5 times bigger.

Lionheart ♥ 12:08 14 Oct 03

Agree with woodbasher. Go for it.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 12:15 14 Oct 03

You can choose to send just plain text if you wish the other options, voice mail,pictures,emocons are all volentary and only there if you need them,but they are not that big a deal and i send voice mail a lot and the size is well managabe there is a plugin for video mail as well witch is a bit bigger file but it not so big it takes ages to send 2/300k depending on how long you like to natter on,lol just try it you can always uninstall it if you dont like it .

Regards.

krislas 12:31 14 Oct 03

My brother uses it, and I agree with Pesala; the e-mails I get are lovely and colourful, but take ages to download for those of us on narrow band. If you add a couple of pictures as attachemtns, you can go and watch your favorite TV show before the e-mails get downloaded! Moreover if you use Hotmail, you can find that a couple of Incredimails from friends and you have reached your storage limit. For that reason I have not made the switch. My brother loves it though, to be fair, and never reported any problems with it.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 12:40 14 Oct 03

krislas,good point i have had some like that to my hotmail accout not over the limit i rarely get emails that big lol but the pics and emocons dont appear in the mail they appear as attachments and need to be clicked on to accsess witch is a pain.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…