Incredible shrinking screen

MickinPlymouthUK 02:50 06 Apr 06

When playing video clips in Realplayer and Windows Media player, I set "Full screen" size, but after a while the pic shrinks back to small size.
I've trawled the help files and tried a few "remedies" without success.
Anybody else had this problem, and if so how did you solve it?
I'm Win 98SE
PS - Are there any other video players around for free download that you'd reccomend me giving a try?
(I hear there's a Quicktime but sadly its not for Win 98)

bloo meeny 12:02 06 Apr 06

Not sure about the pic problem, but I'm on W98SE too and highly recommend that you try Media Player Classic (MPC) and the K-Lite Codec Pack.

Firstly, uninstall Realplayer, Quicktime and WMP (though leaving WMP on the system does no harm). Also uninstall any codecs/packs you may have installed previously.

Media Player Classic click here
Click on the green download link and scroll down - MPC 6.4.9.0 is the one you want.

K-Lite Codec Pack
click here
Download via the left-hand menu, and get the latest FULL version (2.71)

With MPC, you can now toggle play/pause with a single click, toggle full screen on/off with a double click and use the mouse wheel (if you have one) for volume.

Hope this is of interest.

MickinPlymouthUK 04:50 09 Apr 06

Okay bloo thanks, bad news/good news - I downloaded MPC and codecs but the shrinking screen prob was still there, so I had the brainwave of deleting the free AOL Spyware zapper and the good news is there's no more shrinking screens :)
(That zapper thing was always a pain anyway, it used to cut in every 15 minutes with a little message "checking now for spyware", disrupting anything I was doing and causing prog glitches and stuff. I don't need it, I use Spybot and Adaware anyway)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009