incredibar search? how do i get rid

johnnyrocker 19:24 PM 30 Oct 12

this search facility/title came about recently while being part of a download which i declined it now seems to want to attach itself to all my searches, have looked in add/remove and it isn't there ordinary search turns up nothing, revo has no trace. any advice on how to remove please?

XP pro sp3 etc

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:55 PM 30 Oct 12
  johnnyrocker 21:05 PM 30 Oct 12

my thanks for that tip i followed the instructions and malware did not find anything nor the other idea re add ons

Nontek 21:06 PM 30 Oct 12

I had the same problem a little while ago - this is how I solv3ed it ...

From the horses mouth ...

In addition, to prevent IncrediMail from alerting you regarding the change you have made in the future, please do the following:

1. Open IncrediMail.

2. Select the 'Tools' drop-down menu and select 'Options..'.

3. In the window that opens, click the 'Security' tab and uncheck the 'Notify me about changes in my homepage settings' checkbox.
  johnnyrocker 21:49 PM 30 Oct 12

my thanks for the suggestions unfortunately it was not of much help as config is not the same in firefox as described.

difarn 22:02 PM 30 Oct 12

Did you try uninstalling it this way...

Did you also look for the small down arrow just to the right of the URL box - when clicked this should give you a list of search engines available - by clicking on "manage search engines" you should be able to delete it.

Nontek 22:08 PM 30 Oct 12

The configeration is in Incredimail not Firefox - I am using Firefox too, but this has nothing to do with it.

Tools>Options>Security tab in Incredimail!

johnnyrocker 12:52 PM 31 Oct 12

appreciate your advice but neither options are there.

i do not have incredimail at all i may have mislead you for which i apologise if that is the case

Nontek 13:45 PM 31 Oct 12

Yes, I thought the download you mentioned was Incredimail - so what was the download that carried Incredibar?

difarn 17:05 PM 31 Oct 12

A poster on another forum was successful when locating and removing a programme called WebAssistant which apparently comes with Incredimail/Incredibar and hides the search engine control programme. This article may be of interest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off