incredibar search? how do i get rid

johnnyrocker 30 Oct 12

this search facility/title came about recently while being part of a download which i declined it now seems to want to attach itself to all my searches, have looked in add/remove and it isn't there ordinary search turns up nothing, revo has no trace. any advice on how to remove please?

XP pro sp3 etc

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 30 Oct 12
  johnnyrocker 30 Oct 12

my thanks for that tip i followed the instructions and malware did not find anything nor the other idea re add ons

Nontek 30 Oct 12

I had the same problem a little while ago - this is how I solv3ed it ...

From the horses mouth ...

In addition, to prevent IncrediMail from alerting you regarding the change you have made in the future, please do the following:

1. Open IncrediMail.

2. Select the 'Tools' drop-down menu and select 'Options..'.

3. In the window that opens, click the 'Security' tab and uncheck the 'Notify me about changes in my homepage settings' checkbox.
  johnnyrocker 30 Oct 12

my thanks for the suggestions unfortunately it was not of much help as config is not the same in firefox as described.

johnny

difarn 30 Oct 12

Did you try uninstalling it this way...

Did you also look for the small down arrow just to the right of the URL box - when clicked this should give you a list of search engines available - by clicking on "manage search engines" you should be able to delete it.

Nontek 30 Oct 12

The configeration is in Incredimail not Firefox - I am using Firefox too, but this has nothing to do with it.

Tools>Options>Security tab in Incredimail!

johnnyrocker 31 Oct 12

difarn

appreciate your advice but neither options are there.

Nontek.

i do not have incredimail at all i may have mislead you for which i apologise if that is the case

johnny

Nontek 31 Oct 12

Yes, I thought the download you mentioned was Incredimail - so what was the download that carried Incredibar?

difarn 31 Oct 12

A poster on another forum was successful when locating and removing a programme called WebAssistant which apparently comes with Incredimail/Incredibar and hides the search engine control programme. This article may be of interest.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message