Increasing number of registry copies

Alan H 13:12 04 Jan 03
  Alan H 13:12 04 Jan 03

When going into scanreg and going to a previous registry I only have 5 choices.I understand it is possible to increase this number by altering the registry with notepad which I would like to do BUT HOW?(I get the blue screen too often and would like to be prepared for any problems)

Foolsbane_1 13:23 04 Jan 03

Open WINDOWS\SCANREG.INI with Notepad and change the MaxBackupCopies = value from 5 to the number of your choice.

If you are getting a lot of BSODs, perhaps you could post further details (possibly in another thread) and maybe someone will be able to help.

woodchip 13:40 04 Jan 03

Better still get Drive Image then when you have got a clean install that work's right make an Image you can then play as much as you like it takes about ten min's or less to restore on my computer of the complete C:\drive

Alan H 00:24 09 Jan 03

Had already used notepad to alter MaxBackupCopies to 20 but I still only have 5 when I go to Scanreg /restore . What am I doing Wrong? Which is the Notepad I should Use?

BBez 01:02 09 Jan 03

it's not advisable to make to many registry backups due to restoring a backup from say a month ago, you'll have to reinstall everything since the restored backup. With the default 5, then you only lose a few days...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…