Increasing digital drawing size

kimtrnc 11:14 AM 30 Sep 11

I work in Painter X. My drawings/paintings look great in Painter, but even if I increase the size in Painter, my amazing artwork maintains the same output size.

I'm absolutely sure this is a simple matter - problem is, I cannot persuade my system to agree with my requests. (Story of my computing life - it was all so much simpler when we used DOS..!!)

If it's relevant, I am still using good old XP

eedcam 11:27 AM 30 Sep 11

By increasing thwe size do you mean you have changed the print size or the image size ? if you are changing the print size and dont resample then the image size will remain the same ie X m/bytes though the resolution will change ie PPi However if you choose resample then the resolution will remain the same but the Image(file size )will alter

kimtrnc 12:03 PM 30 Sep 11

eedcam,thanks for answering. I don't quite understand what you mean by "resample"

I am able to change the size of my work inside Painter, by using the various sliders.

I can enlarge my pictures in Painter as much as I like, but as soon as I leave Painter the image has reverted to a very much smaller pic, and I can't find a way of enlarging it.

I would like to print onto A3 (I have an A3 colour printer) or even bigger, with the best of my work.

I have also tried changing the number of pixels - this doesn't seem to work, either.

I am sure this is some really obvious mistake I am making - but I am VERY OLD!!

Woolwell 12:09 PM 30 Sep 11

I think that you should be resizing the canvas see Resize files in painter x and the last post on the page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off