Increased amount of Spyware & Virus alerts...

funkey_monkey 22:30 17 May 07

Hi,
For some reason recently my PC turned off its firewall (using Zone Alarm) and ever since I have been getting a noticeable increase in virus alerts and ads/spy ware getting through.

I have noticed tonight that my Zone Alarm was unlocked. I have now locked it (ctrl-L).

I run AVG as my virus checker and for ads I use AD-aware and Spybot (all free items off the 'net).

I don't want to go down the path of paying for McAfee or such like, so is there anyting I should be doing to improve my protection?

As I run Zone Alarm firewall, Win Firewall is disabled.

Is there anything I can/should be running?

Thanks.

skidzy 22:35 17 May 07

" virus alerts and ads/spy ware getting through "

Ms updates maybe responsible for your firewall being disabled.

Have you downloaded anything recently ?

No matter what protection you have,if you give something permission,it has free reign.

Strawballs 22:36 17 May 07

Spyware blaster is a good one as it is real time
click here

skidzy 22:41 17 May 07

Not being funny here i thought Spywareblaster is a standalone blocker.
However Spywareterminator does offer 100% realtime protection for free click here

funkey_monkey 23:06 17 May 07

Yes, recently i downloaded some updates for XP which *may* have caused my firewall being disabled.

How do I switch off its permissions then? I'm getting a bit worred about this as i do all my banking on this PC and don't want anything to happen because of this...

birdface 09:06 18 May 07

click here ,Free Scan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…