Increase Recovery Space in Vista

Mr Confused 20:50 03 Aug 07

I've recently purchased a brand new Dell Computer complete with Windows Vista. I note that when I got it, it has partitioned the hard drive into 2 drives so that the C: (called "OS") has 222Gb of space and there is the D: (called "Recovery") with only 9.99Gb of space. The backup settings seem to run daily and I found that that D: got full within about the 1st week of using the computer. I now get presented with an annoying pop up balloon saying that there is Low Disk Space (every 5 minutes) and that the last backup failed because I was out of space on the D:.

How would I best go about resolving this issue? Should I just increase the D: capacity - how would I do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

skidzy 20:56 03 Aug 07

Strange...and if im correct nothing should be writing to the recovery partition.

I think you maybe better contacting Dell if a new pc.

you have 2 choices, disable the warning or burn the recovery partition to a cd and remove it (you can do this with vista's own tools), the partition is basically all you important operating files and probably some 'bloatware' advertising/ trial stuff, its worth burning them to a cd in case the hard drive fails.

oh yeah, sorry skidzy must stop skipping words when reading!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac