Increase Recovery Space in Vista

Mr Confused 20:50 03 Aug 07

I've recently purchased a brand new Dell Computer complete with Windows Vista. I note that when I got it, it has partitioned the hard drive into 2 drives so that the C: (called "OS") has 222Gb of space and there is the D: (called "Recovery") with only 9.99Gb of space. The backup settings seem to run daily and I found that that D: got full within about the 1st week of using the computer. I now get presented with an annoying pop up balloon saying that there is Low Disk Space (every 5 minutes) and that the last backup failed because I was out of space on the D:.

How would I best go about resolving this issue? Should I just increase the D: capacity - how would I do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

skidzy 20:56 03 Aug 07

Strange...and if im correct nothing should be writing to the recovery partition.

I think you maybe better contacting Dell if a new pc.

you have 2 choices, disable the warning or burn the recovery partition to a cd and remove it (you can do this with vista's own tools), the partition is basically all you important operating files and probably some 'bloatware' advertising/ trial stuff, its worth burning them to a cd in case the hard drive fails.

oh yeah, sorry skidzy must stop skipping words when reading!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…