incrasing memory on bios

jbb 15:19 03 Dec 03

i am trying to incrase my video memory on the bios page. Dont want to tamper with any settings really!

Any help appreaciated!

Diodorus Siculus 15:39 03 Dec 03

Do you have onboard graphics or are you trying to speed up the memory in a graphics card?

If the former, then it will be possilbe to a certain degree: some will allow you to increase it to say, 32 mb or maybe 64mb.

Have a look at the details under "on board video" or "on board graphics" in your BIOS. See what is there, and if you are unsure, post back.

Diodorus Siculus 15:40 03 Dec 03

Also, it is worth having a look at the following:

click here

alcudia 15:46 03 Dec 03

Can take a bit of finding.

On the machine I'm using now (AWARD Bios) it's under Intgegrated Peripherals and is called System Share Memory.

Use the arrow keys to move to each bios section in turn and open them by hitting return. When you find the option you want this is usually adjusted again with the arrow keys. Move to the amount of memory you need and press return. Exit according to the instruction at the bottom of screen (Uusually esc) until you are back at the main screen and look for a save changes and exit option (could be F1)

I saw your earlier post. I assume you have satisfied yourself that your graphics are built in to the motherboard, and not a separate card.

You can check this by right clicking My Computer and selecting properties. At the bottom of the box the amount of ram you have is stated. 128mb; 256mb etc... If this is an unusual number eg 248mb you can be sure that you have 256 with 8mb shared.

Mysticnas 16:16 03 Dec 03

it's not a gigabyte motherboard is it?

I have the same, thing i think. It lets you select your AGP apeture (spelling?) size. You can increase or leave it at 0.

I would just assume that it lets you allocate some of your system RAM to your AGP card, just as you would do for on board graphics

alcudia 16:59 03 Dec 03

By email from jbb

"thanks for the help have now found graphics details Nvidia Geforce FX5600 256Mb integrated RAMDAC ?

Thought that computer would all be set up to play this game! Last computer played it and it was powered by mice!

This could nt be down to old software?
Do you think playing with the bios would help this low video memory"

No I do not think playing with the bios will help. The last thing you have is low video memory. All I can suggest for now is the the game, for some reason is not recognising it.

It is easier for all involved in this thread if you post direct instead of using email. Someone else may well hit on your problem which could be related to a number of causes.

We'll keep thinking.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…