Incorrect Email Address

NSBT 15:32 21 Oct 07

Hi

I have sent numerous documents to my hotmail email address, I have just noticed it's the incorrect address.

I sent to XXXathotmail.com, instead of xxxathotmail.co.uk

The documents contain personal information,is there anyway I can get them back, or will they fall into the "Wrong hands"

johnnyrocker 15:41 21 Oct 07

they should if you are really unlucky turn up as far as i know in a .com hotmail addy with the same name. check the correct mail and see if it has made its way there. otherwise i doubt there is much you can do unless you are using windows live mail where it keeps a copy of sent mails.

johnny.

NSBT 15:44 21 Oct 07

Hi Jonny

Thanks, I have checked under my .co.uk addy,and they have not arrived.

I have them within my "sent emails" problem is, the ones I sent to .com by mistake contained my home address, bank account details etc, etc.

johnnyrocker 15:50 21 Oct 07

well you could try writing to the a/c you wrongly sent themasking for return, or as a last resort try and ask microsoft for help. ( in the absence of a failed sent nitice one must assume they have been delivered )

johnny

NSBT 16:21 21 Oct 07

OK, thanks johnny

lotvic 17:07 21 Oct 07

why don't you try registering for that hotmail.com address for yourself? It may not be taken yet by anyone else

NSBT 17:18 21 Oct 07

Hi Lotvic

I just tried your advice, but it's only comming up .co.uk, the .com site is not showing

NSBT 17:23 21 Oct 07

I need to try and sign up under the hotmail.com site, however, on the sign up page it just keeps showing the .co.uk addy, I cannot change it to.com.

johnnyrocker 17:25 21 Oct 07

. com is now old and all new mails automatically go .co.uk

sorry

johnny.

NSBT 17:27 21 Oct 07

johnny

This is all confusing to me, so I'm sorry for any frustration I may be causing.

I have not had a rejection from "Postmaster General" for those mails I sent to .com.

Therefore, someone must have recieved them, under the .com addy, am I right?

lotvic 17:38 21 Oct 07

.com is not 'old' I have 2 hotmail addresses with the same name but one is .com and one is co.uk and they work independently

I will have a look about how to register with .com and will post back with info

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…