Incorrect DVDs?

Ex plorer 15:18 02 Jul 06

Hi I thought I had this sorted now I know how to make the Boot DVDs for the Laptop.
The Optical drive is a Sony super multi double layer DVD + - RW drive.
The DVDs I have bought are Sony 4.7GB DVD-RW 2x/1x and the Laptop ejects them saying incorrect DVD?

€dstowe 15:54 02 Jul 06

Do you mean you are unable to make boot disks?

If so, what boot disks are you trying to prepare. If it is for something like Acronis to recover the O/S then it is a CD that is required not a DVD.

€dstowe 15:56 02 Jul 06

Also, it is best not to use re-writable DVDs for anything important.They have a habit of losing data with time.

De Marcus™ 15:59 02 Jul 06

Depending on the drive version, there are known issues with these sony drives and dvd-rw media, the majority of dvd-rw media will be rejected, sony made some comments somewhere about a firmware release but that was a while back and I haven't checked since (not my machine the problem was happening on).

Ex plorer 17:37 03 Jul 06

The Recovery DVDs I am trying to make are for the Sony VAIO VGN–FE21M..
My son has just bought this Laptop and it comes with no recovery disks at all.
No drivers CD zinch.
Windows XP is licensed so no Win XP CD.
Following the instructions you have to have two 4.7GB DVDs to make the full recovery program. should it be needed.
The laptop has two HDs and the operating system is on drive D.
I agree that the Back-up should not be on RW, never thought of it thanks maybe that’s why it keeps ejecting the DVD RW.
There is no mention of using CDs as the recovery is just short of 8.5Gig.
My son said he would rather have paid a little more for every thing to be included, thing is he had no idea that it should have a back up and I would think there will be many more like him.

David4637 14:54 05 Jul 06

Always use a RW Disc to try out something new, to check that it will work (No coasters created). If it does then burn an R disc for long term use. David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…