Incorrect DLL loaded

rasa 14:58 21 Dec 07

I have been tryng to download software from Canon to enable me to use my canon printer with my new Vista PC. I have tried many times without success and several times a "window" has appeared stating "incorrect DLL loaded - original 3.DLL, current 2.exe". Further wording refers to Google. Can some one please tell me what this means and if it can be corrected? Any other tips on getting hold of this software. Rasa.

brundle 15:13 21 Dec 07

What model?

rasa 18:36 21 Dec 07

Thanks for replying, its a Pixma ip4300.

brundle 18:46 21 Dec 07

Is this where you're getting the driver? click here=

anskyber 19:10 21 Dec 07

I have sometimes used Canon asia to get the drivers. click here

skidzy 21:13 21 Dec 07

Another for you click here

rasa 10:41 24 Dec 07

Thanks to all who replied but still unsuccessful.

anskyber 11:02 24 Dec 07

OK.

Are you running Google Desktop? Others have reported problems arising from the GD operation. Two ideas one, reinstall GD and try again with the Canon download or two, uninstall GD download from Canon and then reinstall GD if you still need it.

anskyber 11:07 24 Dec 07

As a PS this click here talks through the issues that others have experienced including it seems a possible conflict with some security suites.

rasa 16:55 29 Dec 07

I have uninstalled Google Desktop but still unable to down load Canon software. Solved the problem by getting a friend to down load the software (he had no problems) and email it to me as an attachment. Thanks to all for trying to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017