Incomplete Video Playback

climb45 11:33 18 Sep 05

I have copied an AVI video onto a 2.65GHz P4 PC 128 DDR ATI Radeon 9700 TX Display adapter and Creative SB Live sound card. It plays perfectly. The same file on my 700MHz Athlon PC with NVidia GeForce 256 Display adapter and a Creative SB Live! Value sound card is jerky and there is no sound.

Both systems have plenty of memory and hard disk space. I have tried Windows Media Player and Real Player for playback. Is this a hardware problem?

johnnyrocker 11:39 18 Sep 05

what happens if you use creatives own media player?

climb45 11:58 18 Sep 05

Makes no difference.

climb45 23:36 24 Sep 05

I have narrowed the problem down to the hard drives in the PC. I have the original Seagate Barracuda ATA II 20Gb drive, which has the C:/ drive & Windows installed on it. Recently I added a Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 160Gb drive for storage. It is only when the video is stored on the new drive that the problem occurs. I have burnt the videos from the new drive onto a DVD and they play without a problem. Copy the AVI files onto the C:/ drive, i.e. the old drive and, again, they play perfectly. Could this be something to do with different seek times or cache buffer sizes?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…