Incomplete 'EntApi.dll

johnem 13:49 09 Aug 08

My Toshibe Laptop running XP pro would not acces the internet. I suspected that ZoneAlarm was blocking access. I eventulally uninstalled ZA, after a warning stating that a .dll was missing, and was then able to acces the internet. I have since installed Sunbelt (Kerio) Firewall. Now when the laptop boots up, it display a warning "The Sunbelt Personal Firewall HIPS driver found an incomplete DD @EntApi.DLL. The HIPS driver has been unloaded. I have unticked the HIPS selection in the configuration, but the warning re-appears on the next boot up.
Is there a way to restore this DLL without having to do a complete XP install? Will the rpair option with XP find and rectify this problem?

PO79 13:56 09 Aug 08

Try doing a search for entapi.dll and renaming it then reboot.

johnem 14:23 09 Aug 08

Followed your search suggestion. It would appear that this DLL was created by Network Associates, which is part of the McAfee AV program that is installed. At this point in time I do not feel brave enough to rename this as it may prevent Mcafee from running. Might have to consider removing McAfee and installing a different AV.

johnem 18:43 09 Aug 08

Uninstalled McAfee and running AVG 8 now. Problem has gone away rather being solved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017