Incomplete Downloads

aidyjreeve 21:34 21 Feb 03

I have just upgraded from Freeserve surftime to Freeserve anytime. Since the change and the new connection software when I go to view a web page it will begin the download but then just stop untill I click refresh a few times. The blue bar gets to about halfway and the bytes received stops counting.
Have my internet settings been altered in anyway by the change. Had no trouble with surftime.

Ironman556 21:48 21 Feb 03

See if you can find the internet settings on the Freeserve site for Dial-up. (Keep or download the Freeserver installer too), then remove the current dial-up, and try manually configuring the connection. If it doesn't work, then just run the Freeserve installed to get you back online.

It could be that at peak times the service isn't as good. I used to have the same problem with UKOnline. At busy times I would fail to connect or connect and get no pages loading.

Ironman.

Newuser857 22:03 21 Feb 03

I have used Freeserve Anytime now since it was launched and it has never given me a problem. If you have trouble with incomplete downloads why not try Download Accelerator which has a 'Resume Download' facility. I have found this to be quite helpful. You can find it on click here

spuds 22:46 21 Feb 03

Possibly not the answer, but I had a similar problem, and found that it was a combinations of ZoneAlarm,AVG and new connection software. Check your settings!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…