incompatible CD rewriter

derrickL 08:00 14 Aug 03

my pc runs on ME and I back up my M Money file on CDRW using Easy CD Creator Adaptec, just bought a Lap Top and it has CD/DVDRW It reads professional cd's but won't read my cdrw or other cdr 's from friends with family photos etc. so I can't import my Money file to the Lap top Help please Thanks

stlucia 08:46 14 Aug 03

I'm afraid its a known problem that some combination drives (i.e. ones that read CDs and DVDs) can't read some home-burned CDs.

One thing you can try, is to use CDR media instead of CDRW, and then check the "close to read on all drives" (somthing like that) option in Easy CD Creator when you're ejecting the CD after burning it.

derrickL 08:51 14 Aug 03

will try later when I get home

hssutton 08:53 14 Aug 03

I assume you are using ECDC on your laptop. I use "Drag to Disk. v6"on my various combination of PCs. have yet to encounter any problems.

hugh-265156 08:54 14 Aug 03

as above,i have a combo drive and it doesnt like cdrw discs.cdrs work ok but it insists on my buying good quality ones for it.

try burning cdr discs at a lower speed,try x4 or x8 and see if the new drive will read them.

derrickL 09:03 14 Aug 03

is that a cd writer mine has "record now dx"
Is "drag to disk V6 " obtainable and should I put it on my PC and Laptop

hssutton 13:54 14 Aug 03

Sorry derrickL, I should have explained a little better, v6 is ECDCs latest ofering ECDC CD & DVD Writer. "Drag to Disk" is a newer version of direct CD.

derrickL 08:06 15 Aug 03

many thanks using cdr good quality worked
thank everyone for useful tips

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…