Incompatibility: Winfax v9 / Minolta Laser

Furkin 10:42 21 Oct 04

Hi,
I’ve got a niggley fault on one of my machines. I have two computers. Old machine (1) has XP Pro, Minolta Laser printer (1300W) & Winfax v9. New machine (2) has XP Home, same Minolta printer & same Winfax v9. Winfax v9 wouldn’t work with W2000, but does work well with XP. It did indeed work well on both my machines,,, until I installed a USB lead for the Minolta Laser Printer on machine 2. When I used the old lead (serial/parallel) things were fine. As soon as I introduced the USB I now get the following anomaly at boot up. Although Winfax is properly installed & I use it daily,,,, I now get (paraphrase) “Winfax isn’t properly installed, click here to install” . I click the red Off button on this & the next 2/3 screens that follow,,, thereby NOT Re installing Winfax – which is fully installed & works fine. I have un installed both Minolta printer & Winfax & re installed both in all permutations. To no avail. Computer 1 still works great with Minolta & Winfax. I do know that version 9 is supposed not to work with XP,,, but it does (& did). Any ideas please ? Thanks for reading this. Furkin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…