Incoming mail gets lost before it gets to me

User-324448 09:30 30 Sep 03

Hi everyone. youve helped me a lot in the past lets see what you can do now. My pal in Leicester has had his system repaired,and before this I used to get E mails from him on a regular basis now I dont. he is with NTL and uses Broad Band his letters to me are not returned to him and even if he returns one of mine sent to him, they are not recieved by myself, My sister in the same area is with NTL but not Broad Band can send letters to me, we have checked addresses and they are correct he has tried my Hotmail address with no joy. He can also send and recieve from abroad. What is going on? he is sure he uses my correct address.Prof.

MAJ 09:41 30 Sep 03

You haven't by any chance, inadvertantly added his name to your blocked senders list, prof.?

User-324448 10:56 30 Sep 03

No Ive not blocked anyone to my knowledge

MAJ 11:19 30 Sep 03

Have you checked to see if his address has been blocked accidentally, prof.? In Outlook Express (if that's what you're using), go to Tools > Message Rules > Blocked Senders List.

User-324448 12:06 30 Sep 03

Tried that Maj, no it isnt blocked

mdshamilton 12:41 30 Sep 03

Does he write to a bunch of people at the same time? ...if so hotmail and yahoo often automatically assume it's spam and add it to the junk mail folder.

Have you had a look in the junk mail folder? Make sure you go into hotmail.com and change the option to put junk mail in that folder rather than immediately delete it. Use that option to make sure he isn't on the block sender list too.

How full is your hotmail inbox? Freebie hotmail allows only a total of 2Mb of messages..

User-324448 13:26 30 Sep 03

I use Freeserve and Outlook Express 6, but have a couple of seperate addresses on MSN, he was given those addresses and I still did not recieve mail.
He is however reading these letters as I copy and paste the to him, its weird. Prof.

canard 13:32 30 Sep 03

Had similar prob with non arriving NTL email. Solved by selecting tools-send and receive-clicking my NTL email address; miles of emails resulted. Once this was done everything became normal. Maybe it could work for you prof.

User-324448 13:34 30 Sep 03

I have an older computer in the house that is little used, it has my same E mail address on it but runs O/E 5 my new one is 6. I connected this to the phone line and looked for messages but there were none from my pal, this sort of rules out any hanky panky I may have caused as the old set up has not been used since way before these problems started.Prof

User-324448 13:34 30 Sep 03

I have an older computer in the house that is little used, it has my same E mail address on it but runs O/E 5 my new one is 6. I connected this to the phone line and looked for messages but there were none from my pal, this sort of rules out any hanky panky I may have caused as the old set up has not been used since way before these problems started.Prof

User-324448 13:39 30 Sep 03

Ive sent your reply to my mate but were your problems no incoming mail, I cant quite understand what it was you were saying, put it down to senility if you like

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…