incoming mail

krall 13:01 11 Mar 04

I use ntl broadband.It appears I cannot receive incoming mail, although I can still send out mail. All was well till 5th of this month. I have had system restored (WinXP)but had no success.Would appreciate help.

Valvegrid 13:12 11 Mar 04

Are you using Outlook Express? If you are, what error messages do you get, if any.

Try going to the NTL website and checking your mail on webmail. If you scroll down the page, the sign in box is on the right hand side. This will check to make sure your email(s) are active and working.

click here

krall 13:56 11 Mar 04

Valvegrid
There were no messages on OE.Followed your suggestion by checking NTL website and things back to normal.My sincere thanks.

Valvegrid 15:16 11 Mar 04

Glad it's sorted, it's happened to me a couple of times, not sure why, maybe something to do with square wheels :-)

krall 12:32 12 Mar 04

VALVEGRID
Futher to our exchanges yesterday I had the same problem again last night with error message on POP3.I was just about to contact you this morning when I came across a similiar thread by BINGALAU (Thur. 11.3.04 19.11Hrs). I tried the suggestion made by LAP and lo and behold the problem was resolved.
Thought you might be interested.Kind regards.

Sealer 12:36 12 Mar 04

Yep the same happened to me this week. Same solution worked too. Very spooky.

Valvegrid 16:52 12 Mar 04

Thanks for the feedback, that's interesting, I've suggested the same cure to a number of people and it seems to work.

Paul.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…