incoming email stuck, can't receive or send

palinka 17:05 18 Aug 03

I'm sure I've read a solution to this but can't now find it.
A friend has an email (with an attachment I imagine)that is taking an age to download - we're talking several hours. She knows the sender, so doesn't expect it to contain a virus or anything like that. How can she get rid of/bypass this email so that she can receive other mail?

jazzypop 17:10 18 Aug 03

If her ISP has the facility to access email messages via a web browser (webmail), then log in to her email via a browser, and delete it from there.

If her ISP does not offer this service (most do nowadays), then use web2mail at web2mail.com to achieve the same result.

Oh yes, then send a polite email to the sender, asking them to be more considerate in future :)

palinka 17:25 18 Aug 03

Thanks Jazzypop. That sounds like the method I'd half remembered. I'll pass it on to her.

anchor 19:33 18 Aug 03

As jazzypop said, go to

click here

I recall in the "good old days" having to do this using Telnet; what a bind that was.

palinka 20:10 18 Aug 03

thanks Anchor; and thanks for the correct web site.

john-232317 20:31 18 Aug 03

jazzypop have you bin on the wizzypop..;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…