Incoming calls whilst on a dialup connection???

1514 16:44 31 Jan 05

Does anyone know if there is a programme with which I am able to know when someone is trying to phone me, whilst I am on the Internet with a “Dialup Connection”?

SANTOS7 16:54 31 Jan 05

click here
click here these may help,good luck..........

flecc 16:56 31 Jan 05

Just enter this line in Google to see the various options available:-

phone caller alert when in internet

1514 17:53 31 Jan 05

Thank you very much SANTOS7 and flecc; I now have a lot of deciding to do.

Graham ® 17:59 31 Jan 05

Check your ISP supports modem on hold. Only 1stNet did at the last count click here

If it doesn't, using one of these programs will drop your internet coonection.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:59 31 Jan 05

You can also transfer your home BT phone calls to a mobile...the advantage is that the number can be viewed so that you can decide if you wish to answer it. I used to do this when I was on dial-up and it worked well.

G

1514 22:41 31 Jan 05

Thank you Graham ® and GANDALF <|:-)>.
I just didn't know that there were so many options! My modem does support "modem on hold" but as you say Graham ®, my isp doesn't.

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:54 31 Jan 05

To transfer your BT line to any other dial *21*your new number (moby or landline)#. To turn off dial #61# I think you might have to request the service but BT have never charged me for it. If you do not answer there is no charge so you can monitor the phone call and see if it is worth answering or calling back later.

G

Graham ® 09:45 01 Feb 05

If you use Call Diversion as GANDALF <|:-)> suggests, to cancel it is #21#.

Whilst this is active there will be interrupted dial tone, you may have to amend the modem settings not to wait for dial tone (or similar).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…