Incoming calls that disconnects

Jules-190924 21:15 24 Sep 04

Help. Every time I get online with my laptop it gets a box up that says 'You've just ignored an in coming call'. then it disconnects me from the net. I know I'm not that popular to recieve calls ever couple of minutes, even my parents don't ring that often! How can I block this invasion of unanswered calls for cyber space so that I can stay online foe more than a couple of minutes? Any help is welcome :-)

Dan the Confused 21:21 24 Sep 04

Ad-aware click here

Spybot S&D click here

Update and run them.

Josquius 21:32 24 Sep 04

Do you have a filter on the net connection?
I remember hearing there is some sort of signal coming down your line which every so often pulses like a phone call disconnecting you as if there was a phone call.

Zaphod Beeblebrox 23:27 24 Sep 04

do you have any network services with your telco eg answer phone call waiting which could interupt

Jules-190924 15:11 25 Sep 04

Thanks Guys, I'll try the sp ware and ad-aware to see if that helps. I'm not sure wot a filter is and I don't have call waiting on my line. Even if I did,I wouldn't get calls that often. My desk top doesn't get bothered by incoming calls. Maybe it's a virus?

palinka 18:10 25 Sep 04

A filter is used with Broadband connecxtions.
When I first installed b'band I had a similar problem ( every phone call disconnecvted me from the b/band connection) until I got the filters all in the right places. Once I'd done that there have been no more disconnections. If you have b'band wrtite again and I can describe exactly where to place the filters.

Jules-190924 00:01 28 Sep 04

Once again, Thanks for your help. I'm stuck in the outer west corner of Southern Ireland and we don't get alot of fresh ideas out here, let alone Broadband. How I wish!!! Anyway, you seem to have solved my problem for now but who knows what the wee leprechauns will throw in next. if I have anymore problems with the wee fella, I'll cry for help again. Many thanks, Bonelulu

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…