incinerate

redeyes20007 20:43 29 Aug 05

ok peeps here goes,,, i loaded incinerator from system mechanic 4 and put some very large files in it as they were no longer needed as i was running out of hd space..seemingly it incinerated them,,,,,probs i,m now having is that i did a disc defrag and there are a lot of files that couldnt defrag .i get a message saying couldnt defrag these files...and its the ones i put in the incinerator..it also hasnt freed up any space on hd ..any ideas ????

Forum Editor 20:51 29 Aug 05

but I'm wondering why you didn't just delete these files in Windows - were they data files or program files?

If you delete files they are marked by Windows, so that if the drive space is required they will be overwritten. I'm not sure what incinerator does, but it looks to me as if it may have formatted the files so Windows can't see them - and so they can't be defragmented.
All that may be incorrect, because as I say, I've never used the program - perhaps someone else will have personal experience of incinerator.

stalion 21:13 29 Aug 05

this is the best free program for getting rid of rubbish you don't want
click here

stalion 21:16 29 Aug 05

info on incinerator
click here=

redeyes20007 22:07 29 Aug 05

thanks for that stalion it just tells u how it works (well the theory behind it) i used incinerator as its meant to delete stuff beyond recovery (it was actually data files i incinerated ) windows is meant to overwrite them (depending what degree security you use) i did use the medium type seemingly past the mod measure.obviously i cant retreive the stuff to try and delete it the normal way ,what i need to know is how i can defrag or get to the files ,,clean them off my hd for the space needed

stalion 22:13 29 Aug 05

I had a good read regarding incinerator and it seems you can not recover the files once deleted,
try crap cleaner it will delete all unecessary files from your hard drive which may free up some space

redeyes20007 22:44 29 Aug 05

crap cleaner lol ok cheers stallion will have a look for that 1....p.s have now uninstalled incinerator,i,m just a sucker for trying out different software (probs why i got no space on me hard drive) :(

redeyes20007 22:45 29 Aug 05

crap cleaner lol ok cheers stallion will have a look for that 1....p.s have now uninstalled incinerator,i,m just a sucker for trying out different software (probs why i got no space on me hard drive) :(

stalion 22:48 29 Aug 05

the link for crap cleaner is in my post above

redeyes20007 12:39 30 Aug 05

hi downloaded crap cleaner .tis a good program stalion it did manage to free up 54mb on me hard drive,and i will be keeping that nifty bit of software,thanks for that good prog,,downside is it didnt get rid of me fragmented thingies from incinerate which is taking up just over 9gb (nearly a quarter ov me hard drive) :( hmmmm getting a bit worried now.

Diemmess 12:54 30 Aug 05

If you can see the "incinerated" files somewhere, there might be a juggled way of clearing them by renaming, or cut and paste to a new folder.

A registry entry which has not been removed might be a cause of present difficulty. Whatever, it has to be worth some experiments to save 25% of your HD space.

The usual warning must apply - don't meddle with the registry until you have a backup, in case you need to retrace back to the present warts and all!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…