Incedifind - how can I get rid of it?

MFL 11:31 28 Mar 04

When surfing the net often I get diverted to an 'incredifind' page which says my page cannot be found and offers to carry out a search.

If I want to search I'll use Ask or Google. In any case the page I'm looking for does exist - it appears that Incredifind kicks in before my slow connection has had a chance to find it.

My o/s is XP and my ISP is NTL - but I think this problem started sometime after changing to NTL.

How can I get rid of Incredifind.

temp003 11:39 28 Mar 04

Use Spybot s & d or adaware to get rid of it.

temp003 11:41 28 Mar 04

click here for Spybot Search & Destroy

click here for the link to the download for Adaware.

Both are free. Try one first, after installation, search for and download updates for the program. Then do a scan and fix what you need to fix.

VoG II 11:46 28 Mar 04

If they don't work click here

only me 11:47 28 Mar 04

hi maybe this will help i had it come up on my comp went to msconfig found it in there on start, i think, and unticked it i think it come with a free download.

only me 11:49 28 Mar 04

sorry read after msconfig STARTUP!

MFL 12:24 28 Mar 04

Can't find it in start-up in msconfig. Also it doesn't appear in the list of programmes available to remove & I dont fancy trying the manual uninstall. So I guess I'll go for the Spybot (when I get around to it).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…