INCD PROBS

blowworm 00:58 08 May 05

Hi,
When I format a cdrw with Incd to use as a large floppy its ok for a while then randomly and with different disc it tells me its full this may only be with say 200mb on disc. when I try to move something from disc to desktop it says cant move disc full or write protected. This is a real pain now have cdrw everywhere!

Any one got ideas for solving this, win98 with nero of a couple of years old)not sure what version.
Thanks,

James

Eric10 11:44 08 May 05

I could be wrong about this but I don't think that a file is overwritten when you update it with a changed version. The index is updated instead to point to the new file. You could try copying the whole CD-RW to a folder on your hard drive, erase the CD-RW, and then copy back to it from the folder. I would expect that to give you back the lost space.

Confab 15:36 08 May 05

I have experienced similar problems with INCD and found that the cheaper CDRW media to be problematic. If you haven't already done so try switching to a more expensive brand of CDRW.

Confab

blowworm 17:48 08 May 05

Thanks both the cdrw I use are el cheapo around £4 for 10! Guess I should fork out a bit more any reccomendations?

James

Diodorus Siculus 18:01 08 May 05

[quote]around £4 for 10![/quote]

40p each? I get mine for about 10p each - last time from Amazon.co.uk - easily enough to pay and no coasters!

blowworm 18:18 08 May 05

Ah So how cheap is cheap? The things Iam having bother with are LOGIK 4-12x speed? my drive is 52x24x52 speed could that be the prob?

Thanks,

James

Diodorus Siculus 19:44 08 May 05

That "could" be a problem - but hard to tell.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017