InCD - problem on start up!

ROCKHARD 08:04 14 Feb 04

Can anyone advise me re the problem with InCD. When I start up my computer (running Windows ME) the start up procedure goes to plan until it tries to load InCD - the computer occasionally frezes at this point and the only solution is to switch off & start it up again when everything goes OK. Any ideas as to how I can prevent this happening - it doesn't occur every time - possibly 1 - 2 per week, but its annoying. Thanks.

Diemmess 09:42 14 Feb 04

I hope I am not stating the obvious, but have you tried NOT loading InCD at start-up.

It seems good practice to avoid all but a few basic things at Startup and then choose an application when the desktop has "matured"

ROCKHARD 10:12 14 Feb 04

Thanks Diemess - sorry to sound a bit thick but how do I remove InCD from startup?

VoG II 10:22 14 Feb 04

Start, Run, type in

MSCONFIG

and click OK.

Look for InCD on the Startup tab and untick it. OK your way out of msconfig.

ROCKHARD 11:04 14 Feb 04

Many thanks VoG - I've done what you've suggested.

How would we manage without the wealth of knowledge & experience on the PCA web-site?

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…