InCD not recognising DVD+RW disk

de_de 17:17 16 May 07

Hi, I have used InCD for years to back-up my data onto CD-RW Cd's with no problems at all.

I thought I would change to DVD's for extra capacity, but I am having problems. (by the way I am using DVD+RW disks)

When I put a blank disk in, all is well and it lets me format it. I then use 'Syncback' backup program to copy onto the disk. This works OK as well. All the data has been burned OK.

The problem is when I switch the PC off and boot it up again. In 'explorer' the drive comes up as a CD drive and says it's empty. When I eject and reload the disk it sees it as blank as well?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled InCD but still the same.

What can be wrong?

Technotiger 17:22 16 May 07

Hi, it is possible that your drive just not like that particular medium, it can and does happen! I would suggest that you try with DVDR's rather than DVDRW.

Snec 17:56 16 May 07

Does InCD work with DVDs?

de_de 18:05 16 May 07

'Does inCD work with DVDs'

Well it lets me format and write to them, but only the once, as I mentioned next time I want to read them, there is nothing there.

'suggest that you try with DVDR's rather than DVDRW'

I wouldn't be able to re-write though.

Maybe I should start looking at a USB memory stick or external hard drive for my backups.

I would like to resolve this issue as well though.

Technotiger 18:20 16 May 07

Yes, if it is mostly backups that you are concerned with, an external USB drive is most definitely a better idea - together with Acronis True Image.

Technotiger 18:22 16 May 07

As I understand it, any RW disc whether CD or DVD are not the most reliable medium.

Totally-braindead 20:03 16 May 07

I don't use RW disks as I have found the can become corrupt rather quickly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…