InCD and Nero

goll_y 21:22 08 May 03

What's the difference? Never used InCD. Also I keep getting InCD up on my taskbar in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Any way to remove it and put it on the desktop?

pj123 22:02 08 May 03

Nero is the software you need to burn to CD/R disks. InCD is the software that is used to format a CD/RW disk. If you insert a CD/RW disk InCD will automatically start and ask if you want to format the disk. Just follow the prompts.

To take InCD off the taskbar go to Start, Run and type in msconfig and OK (or press enter) and take the tick out of InCD box. You will need to restart your computer for it to take effect.

To put InCD on your desktop depends on your OS.
In windows 98se double click my computer, then double click C: then double click programme files, then double click ahead, then double click InCD, find the .exe and right click and drag to the desktop and let go, then left click on create shortcut here.

In windows XP I don't know but someone else will advise you I am sure.

jimv7 22:03 08 May 03

Start/run, type in 'msconfig' (without the quotes)and uncheck the box for incd, that will stop it loading on start up.

As for using it, I never do as win xp has its own drag and drop writing software.

goll_y 22:11 08 May 03

sorry windows 2000 Prof. no mscofig. Any other ideas how to remove it?

leo49 22:27 08 May 03

If you don't use InCD, then uninstall it - that gets rid of it.Guaranteed remedy. :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…