InCD with MSI 52x24x52x CD re-writer

Porkling 23:01 22 Jul 03

I have used InCD [Nero] with Windows 2000 for some time - excellent! I have a new PC running Win XP Pro and specified the MSI CR52-A2 [your top recommendation] The MS was bundled with Nero and included InCD ver 3. All is well except InCD. It will not read previous recorded disks[Win2000] and will not allow me to format CD-RW disks.[from two different manufacturers] However the blank anonymous CD-RW bundled with the MSI works perfectly. Problem with MSI unit or InCD???
MSI unit is bundled with Nero 5.5 so they should be compatible. Reported to Ahead and MSI and fix requested - no reply! Any ideas?

AMD 4 ever 23:14 22 Jul 03

Not too sure but would NTFS and Fat32 have a play in this??? If your XP is setup as FAT or 2000 is and vice a versa, there maybe problems this way readign a different format.I could be well off beat with this one!

BillEmm 00:34 23 Jul 03

CDRWs formatted with InCD V1.3 or earlier are no longer compatible with the latest versions of the product and are unreadable by them.

Ahead's recommendation is to use the old version to read/copy the CDRW data to hard disk, delete the CDRW using NERO then reformat the CDRW with a later version of InCD.

You might also be able to use a version of InCDUDFReader.exe to read the disks.

If the above is not relevant then download the latest level of the product from the Ahead site. I believe there has been a recent upgrade at V4 level.

Bill

ton 00:44 23 Jul 03

You should not have more than one CDRW writing program installed. Try removing the others. I believe XP contains its own version (by Roxio) and this would probably prevent the Nero version from working. The normal burning programs seem to get on ok, it's just the packet writing (CDRW) programs that conflict.

Stuartli 09:18 23 Jul 03

You can disable the XP version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…