InCD Installation

Bruk 17:21 26 Jun 04

I recently installed a CDRW drive. On installation I set the CDRW drive as master and my existing CDROM drive as slave. I have installed nero and InCD. Nero is working successfully. However when I have used discs in my CDROM applications which all work fine are hanging. The culprit would appear to be InCD and on checking the srvError log for this im getting errors such as "error getting mcc configuration from device" and "SCSI device error" and "driveletter does not specify a valid device"
It would appear that my configuration is not correct for InCD.
Can anyone help me to configure this correctly so that these errors dont occur?

wotbus@ 18:30 26 Jun 04

Hi Bruk. If you are using WinXP, this already has an "INcd" facility and I suspect you are getting a conflict between the two. Un-install the INcd which came with you drive (the Nero one), reboot and try again. You probably don't really need it anyway. Good luck.

Bruk 18:46 26 Jun 04

Thanks wotbus@. Im using xp so will use the inbuilt facility if I dont really need InCD.

GaT7 18:58 26 Jun 04

If you change your mind!

1. Switch off WinXP's CD-writing feature & see if that helps. Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services. Right-click IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service. Select Properties, then change from Automatic to Disabled. Reboot your PC.

2. Or, if no joy, you could try updating your version of InCD. HTH, G

Bapou 19:49 26 Jun 04

I believe it's correct to say XP does not support packet writing which is InCD's function.
This being simply, creating a large 'floppy disc'.

InCD gave me some bother,after removal I began to use the 'Multisession' feature in either the main Nero Burning Rom or the easier to use Nero Express. This is a good alternative for adding files to the same CD at a later date.

powerless 19:55 26 Jun 04

is correct!!

"However when I have used discs in my CDROM applications which all work fine are hanging."

Applications will need the source drive letter from where the app was installed from. Changing things about probably altered the drive letters of your drives. Use diskmgmt.msc to change the drive letters back!

powerless 19:56 26 Jun 04

p.s. Assuming the drive letter of the CDROM drive has changed.

wotbus@ 20:49 26 Jun 04

If you install Nero stuff which came with the external drive, don't install " Nero INcd". If you have already, take it out. When you slip in a disc, music or blank or you will be prompted with what to do. Just chose "make/copy" or whatever with Nero and go from there. You can use the XP version but it's much slower and less versatile.

Sans le Sou 22:16 26 Jun 04

If you have a Mount Rainier compliant burner InCD 4 will set it up as default MR drive which formats disks invisibly as you work and avoids long waits for formatting. If you can disable IMAPI the InCD is worth using if you can get it working.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…