InCD Help

Demora 11:27 07 May 03

Hi.

OK I should have known better G> I upgraded my pc to win XP a few weeks ago and relevent driver/software updates, Its made a PC that hated human intervention work like it should... BUT. I didn't re load inCD and I have various rewritable cds. Now Incd version one wont install and version update wont read previously re written cds. Grrrrrrr. Is there a patch or small program out there that I can get the contents off the cdrWs and then reformat them to the later version and copy em back or Do I have to find someone with win 98se.

I do have a portable cr writer. As well as the one in the towercase.

TIA

Demora

rickf 11:37 07 May 03

I am assuming you are using Nero. Why not uninstall and reinsatll from scratch. It take sonly a few minutes.Sorry if this is not an option for you.

Demora 12:31 07 May 03

I can't reinstall because. The version of Nero InCD thats on the disk wont work with XP. I downloaded the latest version of InCD and that wont read the Info on the reWritable cds that were made with the earlier version.

There has to be a little program out there that will enable me to read these cds, copy the stuff to the hard drive and then I can format the CdRws and copy the stuff back without formatting the Hard drive installing win 98 se and nero 5. just for the sake of 5/6 cdrws.
As I'm having a new Hard drive fitted next week I'll need some of the stuff on the disks. BTW I am keeping this drive also.

Demora

_Treb_ 12:46 07 May 03

Can you take your cdrw's to a friend or somewhere that has Win98 on a system from where you could access your files and put them on CDR

Confab 12:54 07 May 03

It does say on the website that version one of InCD won't work with the later versions. Nero reccomend transfering your files to your HD and then re-formatting your CDRW's after updating to the newer version and then re-writing your CDRW's. I can't see that Nero provide a reader for version 1 but it might be worth e-mailing their support for assistance, after all they know best.

Regards

troydi 12:57 07 May 03

I agree with _Treb_ taking it to anothe pc with win 98 might work, and is probly the easiest solution for you!

"5) XP's native UDF reader can't read packet formatted CDs from early versions of Direct CD and InCD, or disks created by Packet CD. Therefore you should make sure you have finalized these disk to make them readable in any CD-Rom before you upgrade to XP. Nero's InCD 2.xx works with XP but it still can't read these early versions of packet formatted CDs."
click here

Hope that helps! How's the mp3's coming along.... :-)

troydi 13:02 07 May 03

How About Downloading InCD 3?

Demora 13:07 07 May 03

Will it work with win 2k????? I have a laptop (Alicats) Troydi will know who I meanI could use that at a pinch. My daughter Amy is running 98 but no USB ports.

Troydi>>>> Did that old compaq have usb????

I read the website and am waiting for a response from Nero. I also checked MOST of the FAQs on ther

Demora

troydi 13:10 07 May 03

Which old compaq? Amys, no, Alis, yes. But INCD Supports Windows 95 / 98 / ME / NT / 2000 and XP,. and it also says that it is Compatible with the UDF reader included in Microsoft Windows 98. click here

troydi 13:10 07 May 03

Which old compaq? Amys, no, Alis, yes. But INCD 3 Supports Windows 95 / 98 / ME / NT / 2000 and XP,. and it also says that it is Compatible with the UDF reader included in Microsoft Windows 98. click here

troydi 13:11 07 May 03

(sorry, accidentally pressed things, ooppss!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…