InCD

Mastermind 23:03 08 Feb 03

I'm trying to share a CD-RW between two computers that are both running InCD 3.5.20.0.

However, I keep having problems. At present, I can read and write to the disc with one computer, but the second computer can only read it and not write to it.

How can I get this to work as I want?

Mastermind 00:55 09 Feb 03

Both computers are running Windows XP Professional.

Mastermind 11:29 09 Feb 03

Can anyone help?

-pops- 11:33 09 Feb 03

Not a straight answer but CDRWs are the cause of unlimited problems and a number of forum members will not use them, including me.

Can I suggest that as CDRs are so cheap that you use them and do a direct burn from Nero rather than InCD (which I feel is integral with the problem, as is ECCD).

Brian

Mastermind 11:51 09 Feb 03

I agree, and usually I wouldn't use CD-RWs either, but at the moment I'm having to work on something on two different computers and CDRs really wouldn't be a viable solution.

Mastermind 12:27 09 Feb 03

On the second computer that wouldn't write to the InCD Disc I'm getting the following message when I try and read from it:

You are currently trying to read a disc in the Mt. Rainier format (CD-MRW).
You are seeing this message, instead of the contents of the disc, because
your system currently does not support the CD-MRW format.

I have reinstalled InCD and updated it to the same version.

It's starting to really annoy me. There's no reason that I can think of for it not working!

-pops- 12:41 09 Feb 03

I won't profess to know anything about CDRWs except that they cause problems but, have you looked up Mt Rainier on Google, you may get some insight there. Have a look click here

Brian

Mastermind 12:55 09 Feb 03

The CD-RW drive that I'm having trouble with is three years old. Could this be causing the problem?

What is the drag-and-drop capability built into Windows XP like?

-pops- 13:03 09 Feb 03

Your 3 year old may be the problem!!

The XP CD writer is, well, basic. It works but I still use Nero rather than that one.

Brian

Mastermind 13:14 09 Feb 03

How can I confirm that my old CD-RW drive is the problem? It's a Philips CDD4201/81. I'm having a look on the Philips site, but I haqven't found anything yet.

-pops- 13:17 09 Feb 03

The only way I can think of is to swap it for a more modern one and see how that goes. You can get a new Lite-On or LG machine for about £30 so, at that price, you can't really go wrong.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…