inbuilt webcam not working on laptop

chrissyg 15:11 PM 28 Apr 13

I have namuga inbuilt webcam on samsung laptop. A few weeks ago i got a scam virus and took laptop to be sorted. Windows 7 ultimate service pack 1 was put on as said it was better than the Vista home premium i was on before. I tested webcam on skype and works ok but otherwise nothing happens when i click on the shortcut..Device manager says it is working correctly and driver up to date....Is there any way to get it to without going onto social sites...sometimes just want to take a pic...Thanks

onthelimit1 15:20 PM 28 Apr 13

Probably worth going to the Samsung site, and installing the latest webcam driver. have a look here

onthelimit1 15:22 PM 28 Apr 13

p.s. There may be other Samsung software - I had a problem with a netbook that needed their Launch Manager to work - check that as well.

woodchip 20:13 PM 28 Apr 13

Look In Windows Explorer for the Web Cam Software, Look for the EXE file and double click it to see if it loaded the Cam if not look for another EXE in the Software, it should be in the main Program folder not Sub Folder. If you find it, right click it then copy then right click desktop choose shortcut

woodchip 20:14 PM 28 Apr 13

PS then Delete old shortcut after trying the new one works

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…