InBoxer antispam

tony-guitar 18:45 12 Jan 05

After PCA's antispam review, i downloaded InBoxer. BE CAREFUL.It caused Nortons Anti-virus to throw a wobbly causing an "internal program error" requesting an uninstall/reinstall, plus Diskeeper Lite as well. Norton would keep dis-abling on my account with the above error on the other accounts. After a "system restore" back to the day before installing InBoxer, things seem ok again. At least i know 'restore' works!

shellship 11:05 07 Feb 05

Pity there has not been a response to this yet as I was about to get it myself. I use Outlook but also Norton so your post is worrying. I wonder what the expert Gandalf thinks about this.

tony-guitar 22:41 07 Feb 05

Hi Shellship, thanks for your response.Much has happened since my original posting, suffice to say InBoxer was not the cause after all (sorry Audiotrieve), but some malware called "isearch". The particular piece of rubbish calls itself "delprot" (click here) After sending crash reports to Microsoft, i got a reply from them saying a patch was available from isearch.

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:44 07 Feb 05

I have used Inboxer for a year and it is great. I dislike Norton intensely but each to their own.

G

tony-guitar 23:02 07 Feb 05

Thanks Gandalf. I sent an e-mail to Audiotrieve yesterday, because the 21day trial had expired without me actually trying the product (i did a system restore because i thought InBoxer was causing my system crashes). They've offered to let me have another go, which is good of them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…