InboxCop free or not?

grey george 18:31 08 Mar 04

Having read in PCA spring 2004 that inboxcop
was "free for non-commercial use" I have installed it. The programme now says it will expire in 14 days unless I part with some cash.
So is it free or not? If not please recommed an alternative that is. T/Q

grey george 10:37 09 Mar 04

Someone must know or maybe not?

Jester2K 10:49 09 Mar 04

InboxCop - sounds like some sort of Spam filter.

Try ePrompter click here - Free

Jester2K 10:51 09 Mar 04

Can't see anything about InboxCop being free - click here

Did you use the version from the Disc or download from the website?

medicine hat 10:52 09 Mar 04

click here does say "Two week Free trial. Then, if you like InboxCop pay only $29.95 for service, support and upgrades on
one PC with unlimited email accounts."

So not free then. Oops. :-(

grey george 11:05 09 Mar 04

No replys for ages then three come along all at once. Thanks guys. It was the article in PCA that indicated it was free.
Yes it is a spam filter and I used the coverdisc which led me to their website for the download.
So which is the best free spam filter that is not brain squashingly difficult to configure?

Jester2K 11:09 09 Mar 04

ePrompter -tells you when you have mail, includes a mini client to send / forward mail and allows you to preview and delete mail.

I hate spam filters because

1) they are inaccurate

2) you have to download the deleted mail anyway to some SPAM BUCKET folder or other. Why do that when you can just get rid of it from the server before you download?

grey george 11:25 09 Mar 04

Thanks Jester2k will give this a go.
I have ticked as resolved but pca still needs a poke for the "free for non-commercial use" quote
as it seems it is not.
(I might be back later as I now have to remove inboxcop)

Jester2K 11:44 09 Mar 04

I don't have the "spring 2004 " edition many more so i can't verify exactly what it says but are you using the version from the Disk?

Near the back does it mention registration for free or a code for free?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…