Inbox Repair Tool

pj123 15:40 01 Jul 03

Where can I find the "Inbox Repair Tool" please?

Jester2K II 15:42 01 Jul 03

Look for Scanpst.exe on your Office CD

pj123 15:55 01 Jul 03

Why on my Office CD, shouldn't it be on the Win98SE CD or even in OE itself? If I find this file do I just double click and follow prompts?

Jester2K II 15:58 01 Jul 03

Because its for fixing Outlook folders not Outlook Express. Outlook only comes with Office.

Jester2K II 15:58 01 Jul 03

Won't and can't work with OE.

Whats the probelm with OE - perhaps we can help???

pj123 17:01 01 Jul 03

Sorry Guys but the person who has this problem has just told me that Tiscali has said they should be using Microsoft Outlook and not Outlook Express. They can receive their emails from the Tiscali home page but not from MS outlook direct. The error message says the file name is C:\windows\application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst and the error message is ox800406000? Any more ideas?

Jester2K II 19:50 01 Jul 03

Bit confussed but here goes.

Run the Scanpst.exe and then you will be asked for the file to fix. Point it at the C:\windows\application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst and it'll do the rest.

pj123 12:12 02 Jul 03

Thanks for that. Going on Sunday 6th to see if I can fix it.

Jester2K II 12:18 02 Jul 03

Let us know how it goes...

pj123 12:40 07 Jul 03

Been. Fixed. They don't need MS Outlook. It works perfectly on OE. Found they had Three (yes, 3) DUN pointing to tiscali. Deleted two of them. One more problem they have (which I haven't worked out yet) is they cannot add or delete anything from their address book. Add a new contact seems to go OK but the next time the address book is opened it isn't there. Same with delete seems to delete ok the name disappears but next time the address book is opened it is back??

Any offers please?

pj123 12:44 07 Jul 03

Sorry, in my last response forgot to ask, Is there a limit to the address book? this person, being a small business has 1300 addresses. But if we can't delete any we cannot reduce the number?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…