Inbox Corruption?

sil_ver 10:26 23 Sep 05

I'm running Win2000 pro. The other day I had a sudden reboot whilst viewing my emails (OE6). When I rebooted and went to my inbox it said 'unable to show this folder' I am unable to receive emails via my default server on B'band altho' it executes my other accounts (they are on dialup). No emails are downloaded to me. I can send ok. I've come to the conclusion that the inbox folder is corrupted as I have no problems using my alternative W2K installation. I've tried reinstalling IE6 over the top but to no effect. There seems to be no way of uninstalling IE from W2K. I've deleted all temp internet files including the 'offline content'. Please note I'm running Win2K not XP or 98.

scotty 11:19 23 Sep 05

Try remaning Inbox.dbx to Inboxold.dbx. OE should create a new Inbox.dbx. If you can then receive e-mails then it would seem that the file is corrupt.

There are utilities for repairing OE files, I am sure someone will point you in the direction of these.

sil_ver 12:29 23 Sep 05

Thankyou for that Scotty, seems to have done the trick. What was puzzling tho', doing a search in this o/s couldn't find inbox.dbx. or anything related to OE, doing a search using the alternative o/s found the file which I was able to rename and Voila!....... most strange

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…