Inactivity causes Win XP to revert to log on

WiLL-A 12:14 14 Aug 04

Quite recently I downloaded a number of updates for Windows XP Pro of the windows update website and installed these. However I noticed straight away that whenever I am away from my machine for more than a few minutes Windows reverts to the log on screen.

The problem is that when ever I have downloads going, these are interrupted as the connection is lost and I have to restart from scratch.

Can anyone explain how to turn this feature off?

stalion 12:49 14 Aug 04

go in to control panel,power settings and check that turn off hard drive is set to never also system stanby is set to never

PSF 13:14 14 Aug 04

If you right click an empty part of the desktop, click properties>>>screensaver and then un-check the box with the message 'On resume, display Welcome screen.

This feature was added if you have a screensaver running and a password to log in. If you left your pc for a while,the screensaver comes on and then goes to the log in screen to stop other people accessing your user account.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…