Inaccurate BIOS?

thospot 12:35 09 Nov 05

I am quite happy with the way my computer is running at the moment but I decided, out of interest to run a programme called 'SiSoft Sandra' and this is what it said....

Processor 1 : SMBIOS/DMI information may be inaccurate.

System BIOS is old. Check for an update.

System BIOS : SMBIOS/DMI information may be inaccurate.

System BIOS : A SMBIOS/DMI 2.3. or later compliant BIOS is recommended. Check for a BIOS update.

BIOS can be shadowed so check whether it is.

Would any of you good people like to further my education in computing and tell me in simple terms what this is all about?

Chegs ® 13:27 09 Nov 05

This is to put it simply,SiSoft getting you worried about nothing.

bobbybowls 13:28 09 Nov 05

it just tells you that you have an old version of the bios. if your pc is ok just ignore it as bios upgrades can be a lot of truble if not done right

smull 13:30 09 Nov 05

If you have no promblems, dont create them by looking for them

thospot 13:59 09 Nov 05

Well, there seems to be a concensus of opinion here so I think I will just take notice of what you all say and forget it.

I was hoping that one of you would tell me what a BIOS is and a few things about it....

Thanks for your replies....

Belatucadrus 14:39 09 Nov 05

click here all you could ever need to know abot the BIOS

thospot 14:46 09 Nov 05

Thanks Belatucdrus for the link. I will put it in my favorites and study it later....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…