Inability to log into MICROSOFT UPDATE'

gdr721 13:59 27 Jun 04

I recenlty reinstalled windows XP. Since then I hve not been able to go to windoes update. I've tried going through microsoft.com but everytime I put 'update' into anything then I get that the server is not available.
Can anyone advise on this problem please?

Lozzy 14:12 27 Jun 04

Firstly have you experienced any other issues after your installation of XP?? If yes then try
inserting the XP CD then Exit out of the wizard then click on Start>Run then type SFC /SCANNOW

I have had no probs getting into windows update. Also do you have a firewall installed? If yes check that, and make sure its not blocking you.

Note the space between the C and /

gdr721 14:39 27 Jun 04

thank you for your advice and I have tried it all but still no success I have allowed access to the internet via Zone Alarm of all programs. I typed in SFC/SCANNOW and was told it could not be found either on my C drive or the cd for windows XP
So still unable to get updates.

Irishman 14:55 27 Jun 04

Check your encryption level in IE. Help-About. If it is showing as 0 then download from click here

Had the same problem myself a couple of months ago when installing Win 2000 and IE6. This cured it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…