Improving speed of Firefox

Irishman 22:18 14 Nov 04

I have just downloaded the "Tweak Network" extension from click here and am amazed at how it has speeded up response times on some sites. Anybody else like to try it and post their views?

LastChip 22:31 14 Nov 04

I tend to agree with you.

Using the Power Profile does indeed appear to increase page rates quite dramatically.

Some of the Far East sites that I use from time to time are certainly faster. Of course this will depend upon their server capability, but first impressions are good.

woodt 22:32 14 Nov 04

It can be found just above halfway down the page. It certainly seems to seped up this forum website.

VoG II 22:34 14 Nov 04

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, how do you install it?

Irishman 23:00 14 Nov 04

Simply click on "Install" then restart Firefox, click on Tools-Tweak Network-Power and Apply. Seems to work quite well.

VoG II 23:03 14 Nov 04

I don't get an Install option. I get Windows cannot open this file...

Irishman 23:04 14 Nov 04

Also click on the "Sort Alphabetically" button on the top left of the page first. Makes it a lot easier to find a named extension.

Irishman 23:16 14 Nov 04

click here

click here

Try these links instead but it should install easily from within Firefox. Left click on "Install" and the Extensions Box should open showing it downloading.

woodt 23:19 14 Nov 04

Vog, the easiest way from Firefox is Tools/Extensions/Get More Extensions That will take you to the Mozilla website. You will find Tweak Network Settings at no.5 in the top rated section.

VoG II 23:21 14 Nov 04

Nothing happens.

gudgulf 23:22 14 Nov 04

I agree....that,s the way I just got it ,and I have to say that it seems to work a treat ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…