Improve picture on HDTV

iqs 17:13 PM 19 Jun 12

Hi, I posted a thread regarding using my 37 inch led HDTV as a pc monitor.the response was it will work,but the picture will not as good as a pc led monitor . I can't really fault the picture so far,but have noticed hat photos don't look as good,plus text is not as defined and bold as with the pc monitor .also when I surf the web,the results lited are rather small. Keeping the resolution ,is there a way to improve things ?

Many thanks

KRONOS the First 17:26 PM 19 Jun 12

I have a 32" TV And when I had a HTPC connected to it it took a while to get a reasonable screen but it was never as good as my monitor a Dell Ultrasharp U2711 but as it's use was mainly for viewing videos and slide-shows it served its purpose. I know my TV has lots of adjustments I can make so I would suggest just playing around with various settings/resolutions etc.

Ian in Northampton 17:36 PM 19 Jun 12

As Chronus suggests: with any luck, you'll have a menu of picture pre-sets, one of which may be to enable your TV to act more like a monitor. Most modern TVs have presets for e.g. sports, movies and so on that adjust individual picture elements to better suit the content that's being shown.

iqs 08:24 AM 20 Jun 12

Hi Thanks all for the help. I have played with the tv settings and the gfx settings,still the same . There is an option on th Samsung called pc settings,but it's not available ',probably because I'm using hdmi connection ,I think. Will have a look and see what other connections are available for pc connection. Thanks

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…