Improve graphics card performance

Gazstirl 18:15 23 Sep 08

My son has a Patriot 3440E with Pentium 4 CPU 3.40 ghz, 1GB Ram. Recently installed the NVidia GEForce 6200LE but we are only getting 25 fps even though setting is max on Performance (as opposed to Quality). Any suggestions for speeding this up?

to be frank i surprised it plays games at all, it isnt a gaming card you see. nvidia code model numbers thus, ist number series, 2nd number range (1~9) letters se, le, ge, gs, gt, gts, gtx, gtx+ gtx x2. so a 7300se is newer than a 6800gtx yet the 6800 is a better card.
nothing se or le is really designed for games.
hope that made sense

Gazstirl 18:39 23 Sep 08

Thanks for the prompt reply, albeit not what I wanted to hear... Purchased from a so called computer expert "friend of friend" so will have to see what he says about it!

Gazstirl 18:42 23 Sep 08

Given that I'm stuck with it for now, any suggestions in improving things - my son mainly plays World of Warcraft

Mr Mistoffelees 18:42 23 Sep 08

I would agree with Adman 2, the NVidia GEForce 6200LE is a very low performance, budget graphics card. If you want to play games you really need a more powerful one.

Mr Mistoffelees 18:44 23 Sep 08

In game, turn of anti-aliasing and lower all the graphics settings, also try reducing the resolution.

wow settings: select default video and audio, move all world appearance sliders to min, mouse over all other settings and select anything with the words 'improve frame rate'
if this remains unplayable and it may try video sync and triple buffering (top center)
as a basic guideline with nvidia you want the second digit to be a 6 or higher and the letters to be gt or above. you can get better value ati cards can't advise you on those im afraid. good luck.
oh and you need to check the power supply is suitable for a gaming graphic card also.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017