Importing from Thunderbird into Outlook 2002

Kefty 15:21 22 Feb 06

I want to revert back to Outlook for various reasons not impotnant right now but this presenets me with problems regarding importing my contacts from Thunderbird.

How do I import a LDIF file into Outlook?

OR - another method?

Advice gratefully received!

Thanks for reading

Keith

Mytob 18:50 22 Feb 06

id stay away from outlook if i were you. if you not happy with thunderbird try one of the many other ones available. id choose a open source on for security. the reson i wont touch outlook is almost all mass mailing worms will attack it and well ur a bit stuffed. use summin less popular and you stand a much better chance of preventing it from being able to spread dew to virus ritrs going for the most used product. aslo check out summin like vbs worm generator. it just highlights the issue. in under a min you can make a mass mailing vbs worm! dont use outlook. nuff said.

Kefty 19:15 22 Feb 06

Thanks Mytob. That is quite a thing to avoid MS altogether? What email do you use? Or what would you recomend? Cheers

Damn Machine 22:10 22 Feb 06

Keft, I found two ways of getting of getting email from Thunderbird to Outlook, but neither is exactly perfect.

The first one is to forward ny important messages, not great but you retain the senders deatils and time & date.

The second one is probably the most useful method. Install a PDF writer - there are a multitude of free ones if you Google - the print/create PDFs.

Mytob, just as a a rhetorical point, rather than being scared of using applications wouldn't it be easier to get appropriate security?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…