Importing Firebox bookmarks

exdragon 21:42 24 May 08

Hi - I've saved all my bookmarks on an external hard drive and now want to import them back into FF.

I've gone to Organise Bookmarks, then Import from a file and browsed to the file on the external drive.

Surely I don't have to import each bookmark individually, do I? When I click on the Favourites folder, all my individual folders are there, together with the miscellaneous bookmarks, but I can't select them all.

Thanks

FatboySlim71 22:22 24 May 08

I use the same procedure has Marg7 has mentioned and it works fine.

exdragon 22:45 24 May 08

Hmmm - I just copied and pasted them from the Favourites folder on to the external drive...have I shot myself in the foot, by any chance?

FatboySlim71 23:16 24 May 08

exdragon, there should be just one file called BOOKMARKS, you need to know where you have saved this to, if this location is not known then the best thing to do is export them again through the ORGANIZE BOOKMARKS,(take note of where they are going to be saved), but if I'm not mistaken it is normally in MY Documents folder.

exdragon 23:30 24 May 08

I know where they are - on the external hard drive, in a folder - I copied and pasted them from the Favourites folder in Windows.

Just in case anyone replies and thinks I'm ignoring them - I'm off to bed, I've had enough now!

FatboySlim71 09:55 25 May 08

exdragon, you say "I know where they are"

Its only one file you need called BOOKMARKS, I'm sure by default this gets saved into the MY Documents folder (Windows XP) or in Vista its the the folder with the same name as the user, for example, if you are called John there will be a folder called John (possibly on your Desktop, if I'm not mistaken) I know this was the case on my computer.

exdragon 10:24 25 May 08

Thanks - now sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…